Thursday, February 20, 2020

The Unicorn

 
 
 

February 2020

After weeks of searching for replacement body panels for my 1985 to fix it, I ran into a person selling this car in Miami, only 2 short hours away from me. Definitely not a parts car, this will be restored and likely given my 6MGE / 5 speed drivetrain.

Not many people would think it, but it's exceedingly hard to find any Supras in Florida, in a junkyard or otherwise, and when they do pop up, they're more rotten than my 85.

So not only is this car a chance for my drivetrain to live on, but it's also a car I have chased after for nearly 20 years. My dream MA61, my "Eleanor". Only 6000ish of these were made at the end of 1985 for the 1986 model year, and of course, it's black. ❤️

After much hassle trying to get a loan to buy the car outright, an amazing member of the community loaned me the money.

We pick it up this Sunday. 😁